Saturday, July 31, 2010

Oh My!

Well, here we are again, it's Saturday.  So far I've been up to the laundromat and got the clothes done.  Trying to decide what to do next.

I have been sitting here trying to think of something, witty, wise, important and all that other good stuff.  Can't come up with a thing.  I don't know where the people who do this everyday get their inspiration, but in a way I am jealous of it.

I do have a little piece of advice.  It concerns grandchildren and grandparents.  As grandparents we are probably overlooked more often as "oh they will always be there".  We won't.  By the time you parents decide that maybe, just maybe, it is time to visit so we can see the grandkids, we will either be dead, comatose, or have moved and no one noticed.

I know that the phone lines work both ways, but unless it is something really important, I tend to stay away from the phone.  I just don't enjoy talking on it.  No matter how you feel towards your own parents, it you have young children, don't make them wonder what happened that they don't get to see a certain set of grandparents.  If you have a problem with something we are doing, or not doing, be a grown up and bring it up to us personally.

Grandparents and grandchildren have a special, wonderful, one of a kind bond that no parent will ever truly understand.  We are always there for them, we never judge them, we always have time to listen.  We very rarely ever take sides, we will however give advise and support when it is needed.  Other than that, the grandchildren will always know how much we care, love and miss them.

Sometimes it is easier to express that love and caring to grandchildren than it was to your own children.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely said Pat! I do wish it was easy for us to confront my inlaws in regards to seeing Kayden more often. Unfortunately their priorities lie in different areas. Sad really..I just know that I will never let Kayden think that we are the reason he doesn't see that set of grandparents very often.

    ReplyDelete