Saturday, July 24, 2010

Babies babies, babies

Lily is going to have a little sister, Miss Claire.  She will be born before Christmas and will be a very welcome addition to our family.

Today is our 28th Anniversary and here I sit on the computer and Arlen is sleeping on the couch.  Already today I have gotten laundry done (had to go to the laundromat), got grocery shopping done and groceries put away, am planning on taking out garbage and re-arranging the living room.  Going to make a ham and potato meal for supper.  YUMMY!

When I was at the grocery store (reading labels) I found a couple of Quaker Oat granola bars that I can eat, if my blood sugar is down low enough.  If I keep moving and getting in some mild exercise, it goes down far enough that I need to eat.  How great is that?!  Of course, it now takes me twice as long at the grocery store.  Have to read all the labels for Total Carbs, Total Sugars, Cholesterol, Dietary Fiber and all that good stuff.  I am hoping that eventually I will know what I can and can't have.

My Dr. app't on Thursday went really well.  If I can get my blood sugars in a stable range, by September I may not have to take the medication for it at all.  Will control it with diet and exercise.  She still wants me to love at least another 30 pounds.  Not sure where exactly it is supposed to come from, but should be fun to go shopping for clothes.  I already fit into a 13/14 pant, haven't been able to do that for at least 20+ years.  I'm not spending much on pants and what nots.  There is a thrift shop here in town that I can get jeans for $1 a piece.  So until my weight levels off, that is where I will be shopping.  Not sure what size top to get, all the ones that I have are way to big.  The funny thing with tops is, no matter what size you think you are, when you go to try them on, there will always be some place on your body where they don't fit like you hope they will.  Men don't know how lucky they are.  As long as their shirts close over their bellies, they're good.  Women on the other hand have to not only think about the belly, but the boobs and shoulders, not to mention the length.

I just found out that a friend of mine lost her mother recently.I know that the last time I talked to Barb, she said that her mom wasn't doing so great.  Whether you expect it or it comes as a complete surprise, you are never quite as ready as you think you are.  All we can do is be there when some one needs us, either to sob or to vent.  Either way you need to listen and not give any advise or be saying things like "I know exactly how you feel".  We don't know how that person is feeling, everyone experiences lost and grief differently,  so just be a friendly ear to listen and a large shoulder to cry on.  It is all that is expected of you.  Please don't do the one thing that irritates me the most, do not offer to do anything, unless you really mean it and are willing to do anything they ask of you.

Happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah, I win Daughter of the year. I totally spaced your anniversary. :-(

    Hope you had a good day though. Love you.

    ReplyDelete