Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Been a while

Been a while since I sat down to do this.  Not sure there is much new to talk about.  But, we'll see how it goes.

Garage sale(s) were a bust.  It rained every darn weekend I had it.  Now I just have to decide if any of the stuff left is worth keeping, or just throwing away.  Maybe 1/2 and 1/2/

Been doing some baking for the July 4th weekend.  We are all going up to my Mom's for her 75th birthday, and I just don't think she should have to provide all the snacks for everyone.  So, I've been making cookies.  Chocolate chip, Oatmeal Raisin, Soft & Fat Sugar, Rhubard (Lily calls them Ice Cream Cookies).  Will probably get some donut balls and maybe even some KrumKake made this weekend, hoping to get a couple of different bars made also.  Brownies for sure.

The one nice thing about taking my own stuff up is this, I can eat it.  Since it is all made with Splenda instead of real sugar

I hae a Dr. appointment on Thursday, I really need to ask her why after taking meds to control my Thryroid, I have started to gain back some of the weight I lost.  She told me it wouldn't happen.  I haven't changed my eating habits, or my exercise level (which has always been pretty much nothing).  The only thing I can think of is that the stress level in my life has gone down significantly.

I had a job interview with Kwik Trip last Thursday.  I think it went really well and am hoping to hear from them before heading up to Mom's.  The girl I work with had one today.  Thank goodness she at least changed her shirt.  She was wearing an old faded sweatshirt and jeans, thought it was appropriate.  She had one of her uniform shirts in her car, and changed into that.  Looked much better.

I was going to bring in the boxes that I packed in the car from storgage yesterday, but...it is raining once again.  Surprise, surprise, surprise.  It can wait until tomorrow.  I will have all weekend to finish cleaning everything out  I only need to take one more empty box out there and then I am done packing it all up.  Be nice not to have to think about it anymore.  The only problem I can foresee is that the tables I borrowed from my daughter will not fit in either one of my vehicles.  Am going to have to get creative..

Miranda offered to have me ride up to Mom's with them, but after thinking about it, I think I will just drive myself.  I have so much stuff to take up there, cooler full of hot dogs, cookies, etc.  Table top grill, suitcase, 2 big boxes of buns, coffee, you know, the usual.  Plus on the way home I will have a card table and 4 chairs.

Oh, I forgot to tell you, I built a shelf for the microwave!  Yep, used power tools and liked it.  Instead of getting a different microwave, I decided to just keep the one I had, it didn't sell, so why spend money on another one.  Sucker was heavy though.  Pretty stiff from lifting it the next day.  But, I did it.  Next prject is to take down the bathroom mirrors (2 of them).  I am going to put up shelving instead to use for storage.  It is in the bathrom I no longer use, so might as well make the most of it.  The mirrors are on 2 walls around the tub, after the shelves go up, so do curtains to hide everything.  Pretty clever huh?

Well that is my life so far.  Am hoping that at some point it gets more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment