Monday, January 23, 2012

Random thoughts

Since I got fired from my last job (believe it or not the first time ever) I have had plenty of time to have a lot of thoughts.  After all the weather and the job market are not helping the search at all.

I probably did look like I didn't enjoy going to work.  I enjoyed it before things started going all kerplooy.  It is very hard to enjoy it when you know that your boss doesn't think very hightly of you.  When they place a greather value on other employees just for the reason that they go running to him with every little thing.  I used to dread the mornings when he would be there before I got to leave.  No matter what every one else said, they enjoyed it when he wasn't there also.  What does that say about his leadership qualities?

I really don't care what trype of work I get, it just has to be dirt and dust free.  For some reason, I have found that I enjoy being able to breathe.  It would be nice to find something close by, but.....the chances of that happening are very slim.

If I had the means to open a business of my own, trust me I would have done it a long time ago!  I have also discovered that I have no latent talents ( of any sort).  Can't sing, can't write, can't dance, can't paint, can't focus evidentally.  Since I don't really have a passion for anything it makes looking for work twice as hard.

I know, I know, excuses, excuses, excuses.  The realization of your own shortcomings is never a pretty thing.  But they have to be addressed.  I am not good at trying to sell myself.  Never have been, probably never will be.  I am not going to lie to get a job, what good would that do?  It all just comes back to bite you in the you kinow what.

Believe it or not, I am not feeling sorry for myself.  I reserve that right for later in the night, after a day of having no where to go and no one to talk to.  As I said at the beginning, these are just the thoughts that go through my head every day.  Even I am getting tired of listening to them.

2 comments:

  1. Pat, you have many talents. You have a great head for numbers...and that's the thing Winsted has such a small job market so then one has to drive. Be positive and I know good things are about to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's currently 2021 i don't where you are now but i hope you are with your husband i really do i wish and wonderful life to your children and grandchildren they are/were lucky to have a mother/grandmother as you

    ReplyDelete