Sunday, September 12, 2010

Not Dead Yet

Well, here I am again.  After I don't know how long a break.  Many things were happening all at once and I just couldn't get my mind wrapped around any of them.

Started out with the weekend we had Lily.  Great weekend by the way.  Arlen ended up in the hospital with a blood clot in his leg.  He was there the whole weekend.  My car decided to play the game of "Am I going to start or not?"  My Internet connection had to be fixed.  I still was going to the laundromat to do clothes.
All in all not a very good month.  Thank goodness that is over.

My Internet is back working, I have a different washer and dryer, Arlen still has the blood clot, my car for the most part is working pretty decent.

I have a couple of guns that I am going to sell to get some money to purchase a different vehicle.  I also plan on selling my Jeep so that I can get something fairly decent, if not decent, at least reliable.  There is a guy in Dassell that buys old cars and stuff.  Since mine still runs and everything except the cruise and the one back window work including the 4 wheel drive, I figure I should get a pretty decent price for it.

Wouldn't even be considering it, but the parts are getting harder to find and when I do find them, they are getting to be so expensive.  There are some pretty nice sounding vehicles out there.  Be nice of I could have the money by Thursday.  There is a foreclosure, police seizure and confiscation Auction that night.  Lots of cars, SUV's, vans, etc.  Probably won't though, oh well, so goes life.

This coming Wednesday my sister-in-law and I are going to the Apple Orchard for lunch.  We've never done anything like that before, so it should be interesting.  I also have never eaten out there.  I have heard that the food is pretty good.  Of course, now I have to watch what and how much I eat.    I can do it though.  That is my new mantra.  Just like the little engine that could.

I went through my closet and dresser and got rid of all the clothes that no longer fit.  2 30 gallon trash bags, 2 13 gallon bags and a few things in the regular garbage.  I usually do that twice a year to start with, but this time it wasn't just to get rid of things that I no longer wear or just didn't like anymore.  Why keep clothes that are 5 sizes to big around?  They were just taking up room.  Thank goodness that the Lester Prairie garage sale days are next weekend.  Time to replenish!

Enjoy the cooler weather!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on getting rid of "to big" clothing! Good luck on the car situation. I hope you find something that you like.

    ReplyDelete